Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Psalm of Trust

This morning a member of WPC said she had been inspired to write a Psalm. Of course, I wanted to see it. I asked for her permission to post it on the blog. She said yes, but even after much protestation on my part, she wouldn't let me post her name. You'll just have to guess.

Here it is, "A Psalm of Trust."

O Lord, my God--what a perfect armor you have prepared
for me.
In your in infinite wisdom you have chosen ways to protect me
from my enemy.
In your strength I can defend myself.
In your name I can conquer him.

He fires missiles of temptations.

He sends rockets of lies.
The arrows from his bow pierce my heart with doubt and
unbelief.
His darts, when armed with love of things, often hit dead
center of the target.

He loves to slice into my good intentions with his sharp knife.
He runs his sword through my prayers--keeping me from
communion with him--my Lord and Savior.
He has an army of evil at his command--but what is his
army when compared to the hosts of heaven and your
holy name.
You are the keeper of heaven's armory and when the wounds
he has made need to be mended--what I need is mine
for the asking.

The contents of your storehouse are inexhaustible.
You charge me nothing but my faith and trust in you.
You give me fortitude to face my life.
I know you love me--sinner though I am.

I am blessed above all I deserve through your graciousness
and mercy.
I receive so much more than I can give.
I sing my song of thankfulness for all to hear.
For you are with me whenever I need you and even
to eternity.

Oh, how awesome is your knowledge!
I kneel before your throne of grace and glory for
You are my refuge, comfort and joy forever!

No comments: