Monday, June 9, 2008

Safe Landing


My son, Harrison, recently completed his United States Army Airborne training at Ft. Benning, Georgia. The above photo shows him after the successful completion of his last jump and landing. Look happy?

Cindy and I were very moved by our experience at Ft. Benning. Hundreds of soldiers, sailers, airmen, and Marines performing hundreds of dangerous tasks--all volunteers. Harrison will be deployed with the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team in Vicenza, Italy beginning June 17. Please keep him in your prayers.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing" (2 Tim. 4:7-8 ESV).

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

HUAAH!!!!

B Gracia said...

Beautiful!!!!

Smith Vineyard said...

Congratulations my frineds! What a fine young man! Isn't our God amazing!